Aunt Karen’s Lucky Dogs offers private Puppy Coach programs and other services for gentle socialization, good manners and functional obedience; Adolescent Survival programs with targeted workshops for help during your dog’s “teenage” stage; and, Drool and Dazzle workshops to add a little spit and polish to your adult dog’s obedience skills. Public Access and AKC Canine Good Citizen testing.
Aunt Karen offers behavior consulting and training for dogs who may have anxiety, fearfulness and aggression related challenges and for rescued dogs who may need a little extra help adjusting to their new home.
Email Aunt Karen@LuckyDogsWNC.com or Call 828-489-8344
- Behavior evaluations in your home and customized solutions.
- Private lessons and Training Programs for all ages.
- Group Reinforcement Classes for dogs who have had private training.
- AKC Canine Good Citizen training and testing.
- AKC S.T.A.R Puppy training and certification.
- Public Access Testing and Service Dog Training.
- Therapy Dog Training and Emotional Support Training.
- Puppy Potty Training. Supportive home visits!
- Board & Train residency programs.
- Initial Consultation by phone is free of charge.
- Behavior workshop and initial evaluation is $150-$250 and includes follow-up discussion or 2nd session.
- Private lessons in your home are $80-120 per session. Travel fee may apply.
- Puppy Set-Up Consulting. $175 includes shopping list and follow-up discussion by phone.
- Training Packages Choose: Puppy Quick Start $400, Puppy Coach $900, Adolescent Survival $450-$600
- Targeted Skill Development, $275 for 3 workshops, initial consultation required.
- Group Reinforcement Classes: $150 includes four group classes. Check Fall Availability.
- Board & Train in my home. $750-$950 per week. Two week minimum.
Karen Comstock, aka Aunt Karen is a Certified Behavior Consultant-Canine using Applied Behavior Analysis (CBCC-KA) and a Certified Professional Dog Trainer (CPDT-KA) using reward-based, Force-Free training methods. She is a member of the Association of Professional Dog Trainers, serves on the Legislative Board of the Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers and is a Canine Good Citizen evaluator with the AKC.
Aunt Karen offers solution-based behavior consulting, private and small group obedience training, behavior modification plans for fearful dogs, treatment plans for separation anxiety and complete puppy training packages. Aunt Karen specializes in Right-Start puppy raising and rehabilitation of misunderstood dogs who are lucky enough to get a second chance.
Karen, has been intrigued with animals since childhood. Blessed with an inquisitive imagination and a great deal of creativity, she brings science and innovation together in her classes and consultations. Karen has advanced degrees in critical thinking, solution-based problem solving and instructional design that she applies to her work helping people create wonderful relationships with their dogs.